If you’ve been feeling isolated or stressed out these days, you’re not alone – and as always, PARO is here for you.
Throughout the pandemic, your local PARO General Council representatives have been working hard to find ways for residents to come together virtually to relieve stress, build resilience, and support one another during this exceptionally challenging time.
Over the next few weeks, our teams have a slate of fun and relaxing activities planned for residents at their local sites, as well as provincially – with many more to come!
As always, details about how to participate (including signing up) will have been sent to you by email. If you have any questions, you can always email us.
We hope to see you there!
Events Open to All PARO Members
Don’t miss PARO’s book club! We’ll be reading Five Little Indians by Michelle Good.
- Due to high demand, this event will be hosted on two dates:
- February 7, 2022 from 7pm-9pm
- February 23, 2022 from 7pm-9pm
While the deadline to receive a free copy of the book has passed, you can still join our Zoom discussion. Email us for more information.
Unwind with us from the comfort of your home. This series of private yoga classes is open to all levels, plus friends and family. All you need is a yoga mat/towel/soft surface, space to move, and an internet connection.
Date: February 9, 2022
Time: 7pm – 8pm
Medicine Pouch Workshop
PARO has partnered with the NOSM Indigenous Affairs Office to present a Medicine Pouch Workshop, where participants have an opportunity to learn about indigenous medicine in an interactive session. The session will be led by two elders, Perry & Laurie McLeod-Shabogesic of Nipissing First Nation.
Date: February 22ndLocation: Zoom
Sign up deadline is January 31st – spots are limited!
Missing the gym or studio? We’ve got you. Build strength, resilience, and a sense of community with Ottawa residents during our 8-week series of virtual yoga classes from 10:30am to 11:30am on Sunday mornings. This series is entirely free, accessible to beginners, and open to friends and family!
- January 30
- February 6
- February 13
- February 20
- February 27
- March 6
- March 13
- March 20
Ready for some laughs? Join your co-residents for a night of comedy!
Date: February 9, 2022
The deadline to sign up is February 6, 2022.
Virtual Baking Class
Come show off your baking skills and make some delicious treats! Sign up deadline is February 13th.
Date: February 17th
Stay tuned for information about upcoming events!
PARO Trivia Night
Beat the winter blues with some friendly competition with online trivia! You can participate as a team (4-8 people), or sign up as an individual to make some new friends! Deadline to register is February 8th.
Date: Thursday, February 10th
Time: 8pmLocation: Zoom
Need more support managing burnout?
- We’ve identified six common signs of burnout, as well as tips and resources you can rely on here.
- Check out some of the resources available to residents, including Employee and Family Assistance Programs, PGME Wellness Offices, and the OMA Burnout Toolkit here
- Reach out – PARO’s toll-free, 24/7 helpline is available to residents, medical students, and their family members. Call 1-866-HELP-DOC (1-866-435-7362).
- And, we’re always sharing tips and tricks on our instagram page to help you make the most of your time in residency. Follow us here
- Check out our dedicated COVID-19 page for up-to-date answers to your most frequently asked questions.
- Email our office for support.